Wednesday, May 9, 2012

These are the charts I use for my boys.  I saw the idea at a friends house.  Her son has asbergers and she had a chart for him.  I liked the idea so I took it and made it different for what I needed.  When we do charts my boys behave so much better, I get more help with chores, and things are just calmer.  I LOVE charts!  When we don't do them anyone who comes over can tell.  So, I thought I'd share my charts. 



I do EVERYTHING we're going to do through out the day.  My boys starts with breakfast, make bed, meds, get dressed, clean up, make bed, brush teeth.  Before I go to bed I have to be ready for tomorrow so I can do their charts.  Print the charts, use stickers or print the alphabet I've provided to write the childs name.  Have the charts laminated then get some velcro.  Put velcro in the middle of each of the white squares.  Then, when you print out the symbols for the charts you will laminate them and put velcro on them.
I have my boys come to me and PROVE they've done what was on the chart before they take it off and move to the next thing.  They have a few free times on their charts....here's where it gets fun.  If they don't have everything done on their charts when the other kids are getting free time then that child misses out on free time until his/her chart is caught up.  My boys only missed free time a few times before they realized I was serious. 
We clean up 3 times a day.  Once before we walk out the door for school, once before lunch and once after dinner.  It makes tomorrow easier!
I have a chart, too!  I'll share it on another post when I'm not so tired.
The symbols I get from  http://pictoselector.com/  Download the program.  It is amazing!
Play around with the program and print out what you want, cut it out, laminate it and put velcro on it.
The most important thing is to follow through!
If you have reading time before lunch and your child hates reading...DO NOT let them eat until reading is off the chart.
Okay, I hope this helps someone.  I LOVE it!
I will post my chart tomorrow.

No comments: