Thursday, March 28, 2013

Blankets

If you know me you know that I like to get started with Christmas gifts in January.  
I bought the perfect gift for my dad while it was on sale, I bought my moms and added a very sentimental something to it (reveal in January 2014).
I made my nephew a superhero quilt.  He LOVES superhero's and has EVERYTHING superhero...well, everything but a handmade superhero quilt.
I saw it on pinterest and knew I had to make it for him

This is my other nephew who got HIS superhero quilt for Christmas last year.

My brother in law LOVES the Cubs and doesn't have his own afghan. 
My grandma is amazing and crochets each of us an afghan when we graduate from H.S.
and then she crochets one for each of our kids when they're born.
I kinda can't imagine my winters without my afghans, so I made this for my brother in law:



Well, this isn't the one I made him.  His is already boxed and wrapped, so I took this from lionbrand.com.  I wasn't sure I was going to like it, but decided to give it a try and I fell in LOVE with it.  It is made from SUPER thick yarn and is heavy and cozy and soft.  I think everyone should have one!  I made it in 3 hours and now I want one for myself.


1 comment:

Teresa Jones said...

You made it in three hours?! ~sheesh~ That's amazing.